Thank you everyone who has taken time to share your views with us. This statement concerns me somewhat. Please elaborate if you will. (1) What standard is used to determine if the Bible is translated correctly, (2) who makes this decision, and (3) based on what authority? Please, please don't think me rude for asking ; however, we know that the Bible was meticulously copied by hand through the ages by monks whose lives’ work was simply to record the gospel. In 1947, the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Containing large portions of what we know as the book of Isaiah, they dated back before the time of Christ. Extensive study of the scrolls has indicated that there is a 95% correlation with our modern day book. The other 5% is largely differently spellings, etc.
That degree of accuracy allows for very little mistranscribing or mistranslations. In lieu of the findings of the Dead Sea Scrolls, can you tell me please how the validity of the Bible “as far as it is translated correctly” is handled by the LDS ? Thank you.